Hey LEGO fans and toy photographers! I’m giving away a pair of LEGO books from Chronicle Books to one lucky Take Better Toy Photos newsletter subscriber.
Take Better Toy Photos is my new space for educational content about photography techniques, workflows, mindsets, and insights. It’s for toy photographers who seriously want to improve thier photography and have fun doing it.
The first book is LEGO In Focus, the first official LEGO toy photography book! I worked on it as the lead for the BrickCentral community and contributed a handful of photos so I might be a little biased when I say it’s a pretty neat book. It’s full of inspiring photos of minifigs and models out in the real world taken by fans– over 30 of us!
The second book is The Art of the Minifigure, which goes into the history and design of the LEGO minifigure over the past 40 years. It’s an illustrated book with behind-the-scenes sketches, photos, and interviews with minifigure designers.
How the Book Giveaway Works
Here’s how I’m going to do it:
- All Take Better Toy Photos newsletter subscribers are entered into the giveaway.
- One newsletter subscriber will be randomly selected on February 5, 2023.
- I’ll notify winners via the email they use to receive Take Better Toy Photos.
- Winners will have 48 hours to confirm receipt of the notification email.
- If the winner doesn’t respond within 48 hours, I’ll select another winner at random.
The Fine Print
As much as I would love to send these books to anyone in the world, I’m limited by legal and shipping issues.
The physical books can be shipped to Europe, UK, and North America only at this time. Shipping is free, but if taxes or customs are due in your country, that’s your responsibility.
Enter the Giveaway
To enter, sign up for the Take Better Toy Photos newsletter on Substack:
Good luck! I’ll be hosting more giveaways and contests on Take Better Toy Photos so keep an eye out for those announcements in the newsletter!